Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Are you worthy?




Are you worthy of the best life you can have? 

Worthy - Deserving effort, attention, or respect.

Understand that “worthy” is different from “entitled”.

Entitled - Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.


If you think that you are entitled to something and you don’t have to work for it you sit around and wait for things like winning the lottery.   Or you think your life will be like a movie and some great thing will just fall into your lap.

If you think that you are worthy you put forth effort, attention and respect to your life, your relationship and the things that you think you are worthy of.  In my mind my worthiness is somewhat of an obligation.  It drives me to work even harder.  Because I believe I’m worthy of nice things.  I know that these things will rarely just fall out of the sky.    Yes, some people hit the lotto, win a car in a raffle or were just born with rich parents.   I, like most people, do not fall into that category.   So I get busy working.   If you believe you are worthy I highly encourage you to do the same. 


I use a lot of sports stories, because I know them.  Growing Walter Payton was one of my favorite players of all time.  “Sweetness” is what they called him.   At 5 ft 10 in tall and 210 pounds he certainly wasn’t the biggest guy on the field.  But that guy worked!   His off the field and off season workouts were legend….wait for it….dary.     Walter ran “the hill”.   The hill was a 924 foot extreme incline by his house, he would run it up to 20 times a day.    In the offseason he would run sprints in the sand.   He had Olympic sprinters come to work out with him and one thing happened every time someone came to work out with him.   He outlasted them.  Everyone.   He outworked everyone, every time.  Today Walter sits at the #2 spot on the NFL’s all-time leading rushers, he averaged just shy of 1400 yards per season for 14 years.  #1 is Emmit Smith who played 2 more seasons averaging a little over 1300 per season.


The NFL Network did a Top 100 players of all time.  Walter ended up #5 on that list.  Here’s that clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment