Friday, January 21, 2011

Jan 21, 2011 ---- 2 hour delay

Hey gang,

I'm starting this morning with a 2 hour delay. The north/west side of town - aka "Joelton" is pretty bad. Secondary roads are pretty much a skating rink, solid ice. From the shots I'm seeing on the news it looks like the main roads are still pretty bad as well.


I'm going to jump back on here around 7:30am and make another update.


*****Please leave me some comments******* How is it in your area? Nash? Antiock? Franklin? Colombia? Talk to me. :)

According to the news north of Nashville got in the 2+ inches snow, Nashville was at 1.1 inch and getting lower the further south you go. I have a little more than 2 on my deck and exactly 2 on my street.

5 comments:

  1. I stayed at a friends house last night to be closer to the interstate thought it would have been better then staying n antioch I'm right down the street from Jason ..at exit 40 old hickory blvd off of 24..the interstates are all backed up androads over here are a soild sheet of ice. Thank god for a two hour delay.. hopefully it gets better --Amber d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smyrna; just started salting the roads an hour ago, from News Channel 5 roads in Smyrna are dangerous. Sam Ridley Pkwy is a sheet of ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hendersonville/Goodlettsville; SNOHMYGOSH it is a mess. Considering tying all the stray cats and dogs in my neighborhood to a sled instead of driving. May try leaving at 7 - if the traffic is heavy at least that means people can't drive too fast. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Franklin- My drive and the road I live on are a sheet of ice at this point. Looks as if we got about an inch to an inch and a half of snow. Already tried to make it up the drive and the Jeep is not going for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hendersonville is a mess! Last night barely made up the multiple hills in my neighborhood. Dad had to get back out and had to park car at gas station at bottom of neighborhood and walk home. My road/neighborhood is nothing but ice and unfortunately according to channel 4 news in Sumner county back roads are last priority due to a salt shortage. Will try soon to test the road but may have to wait for some meltage first.

    ReplyDelete