Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What a day!

Sheeeesh!

At 3:30pm in Cool Springs it was total grid lock. The grid lock had less to do with the weather and more to do with the panic of the weather. After spending about 2 hours and NOT getting out of Cool Springs I called the wife and told her I was heading back to work.

I know there are some a little irratated with me but I stayed open because there really wasn't anywhere to go. Those who left were stuck in traffic. Now at 8:30pm the volume of traffic is starting to clear up.


I've heard several stories of people getting home, slowly! Bill told me he was not home after about 3 hours. Hopefully he's there now.

DRIVE SAFE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Now I say that I am experienced in driving in snow because of living in Chicago for 30 years but today was a new way to drive for me. I was tackeling a large hill on Hillsboro road and it took me 20 minutes just to get up the hill. Normally it takes me 20 min to get home so this one hill was just ice and snow and finally the Jeep in low decided it could make it up the hill. I feel bad for the people that were behind me but it did not look as if they were making it any faster. So the moral of the story is that there are no huge hills in Chicago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Status update....we had to get gas off old hickory Blvd at Nippers Corner. Almost half way to Smyrna. Old hickory solid ice no one doing over 5 miles an hour. Getting close to six hours in the car and there is NO sign that says welcome to Florida yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last update for the night. Made it home 6 1/2 hours later. All the roads we took were terrible. Everyone be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Jeannette that's awful. I live in Nipper's Corner, took me over 2 hrs to get home. Still solid ice and I could see as I turned at Edmondson that it was backed up allllll the way down Old Hickory. My husband left work at 6:15 and got home at 9:45. He works in Hillsboro Village.

    ReplyDelete